A gift as precise as the work.
Please note: A digital caliper was NOT included with the AMPv2.
Simply attach any 6” digital caliper to the jaws of the AMPv2 and the caliper becomes an adjustable hypotenuse. Using the resolution of the millimeter readout (.01mm), it is possible to accurately determine and set 15,240 unique angles over a 90 degree quadrant. Each of these angles is as accurate as a stand-alone reference—plus or minus 30 arc seconds. This accuracy is important because digital alternatives today tout an accuracy of .1 degree which is the equivalent of an 8” try square that is 0.014” out of square as measured at the end of the blade—this is completely unacceptable for furniture grade work. In contrast, and using the same 8” example, the accuracy of the AngleMaster Pro v2 maximum error is 0.0011”/.028mm.
HOW IT WORKS In conjunction with the AngleMaster Pro v2, we created an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch app as well as a web based spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can be found here:https://bridgecitytools.com/pages/anglemaster
Here is the list of calculators:
* Identify any Unknown Obtuse or Acute Angle:
* Set any Obtuse Angle:
* Set any Tilt Angle:
* Set any Elevation Angle:
* Rise/Run to Degrees:
* Segmented Ring Protractor:
* 90 Degree Corner with Dissimilar Stock Width:
* Compound Miters for Closed Forms:
* Compound Miter for any Known Angle:
* Right Triangle Calculator:
* Circumference Calculator:
For any additional details on any of these calculations, contact us at Bridge City Tools.
THE ACCESSORIESThe AngleMaster Pro features a tool-less attachment feature. Currently we offer the following “shoes” in a kit that consist of:
* “V” Groove Shoe; This shoe will allow you to set/determine angles on cylindrical shapes such as twist drills, pipe and tube. It is really hand for setting drill press tables accurately.
* “Knife Edge” Shoe; This shoe allows you to take static readings of angles where the wider sole might interfere, for example, reading the angle of a tilted saw blade where the gap between the teeth is narrow.
* Flat Shoe; This shoe is used when you do not need or want the magnets to interact with your surface.
A Bubble Level was also available to pre-order alongside the AMPv2 so that one can identify angles “in space such as rise/run requirements, slope, etc. AngleMaster Pro v2 Specs:
The AMP-v2 Anglemaster is CNC milled from solid aluminum, both legs are magnetic. All ball bearing hinges, anodized and quick references laser etched on the back. Each leg has integral shoe locks which require no tools to adjust. The reason many struggle with accurate miters is the lack of precision. For example, setting a standard small protractor to 66.141 degrees is a bad guess at best. In order to do your best work (zero filler) you have to be able to quantify your efforts. The AngleMaster Pro will provide you with unprecedented accuracy and this makes your job so much easier. Knowing is so much more fun that guessing—the AngleMaster Pro v2 is the most confidence inspiring tool we have ever produced. Complex joinery is now as easy as a 90 degree butt joint! Digital Calipers We have tested a wide range of digital calipers that are on the market today. Some of the cheaper calipers that we tested have terrible battery life issues. Others don't measure down to .01mm which is necessary for the AMPv2 to work well. We recommend the Mitutoyo Absolute Digimatic which is readily available at many industrial supply houses and also Amazon. We do not include a caliper with the AMPv2.
This item is no longer in production and is not available for purchase. It is listed here for reference purposes only. The last known published price is listed below.